Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ethnic Heritage Ensemble Live in Austin & Houston
Feb. 9 & 10, 2011


I am about to freak out. This is something I have wanted to make happen for years. I'm gonna get heavy into the story right here on this blog in the weeks to come, complete with photos (my jazz photography...), but suffice it to say, when I lived in Chicago, Kahil El Zabar was a real mentor to me, and a true friend. The events I worked on with him were some of the finest I've ever been a part of, and I am so happy to finally be able to bring them to Texas.

Feb. 9 in Austin at The ND at 501 Studios - 501 N. I-H 35. 8 p.m. (Presented by Proper Ent. & AustinSurreal)

Feb. 10 in Houston at The El Dorado Ballroom - 2310 Elgin St. 8 p.m. (Presented by Nameless Sound, Project Row Houses & HoustonSoReal)

Peep 'em out below. More info to come.

Embedding disabled on this video but seriously, go watch the Ethnic Heritage Ensemble perform "Oof" live at Sant'Anna Arresi Jazz Festival 2008.

No comments: