Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shit I fucking forgot to post my fucking Redm/Cosmo Baker Photos
Also we went camping at Pedernales AGAIN!

WE DID AND WE WENT DOWN! And I guess I didn't rush to post the pics from the Redman show from last week here in Austin, cuz I didn't take many. My mind was still stuck on thoughts of Houston.

Anyway, then I saw this and all was well in the universe again...


Redman on the drums, Cosmo Baker on the cut during sound check last week here in Austin at The Parish.


This pic looked way doper on my lil screen on the back of my camera. I thought I had something here.


Cosmo Baker up there being the best, in a blur.


Cosmo Baker + Hype Man


Coughee Brotha Gabo in the house


Richard Henry is on his way over here right now to smoke me out.

Anyway that was this past Wednesday. Not sure what happened in between then and Friday evening, but Friday evening after work, and some drinks with a Turkish man, we headed out to Pedernales State Park to camp and such.


Second time this year at pedernales. Eva loves it.


As does Elena.


As do Ziggy and Sun-Jue.


I like this.


Melissa likes beer and Marshmallows.


But not as much as these lil buggers.



Yeah well, Pedernales Falls State Park is literally 45 minutes (sans traffic) west of Austin on Hwy 290. It's 9 miles east of the intersection of 281/290. Close, beautiful, worth your quick drive.

The camping is much like any camping spot where you pull your car up to a spot and set up a tent. But the hiking and the river access is perfect for those of us with small children. (Note: You can't call us pussies for not camping in the primitive zone until the kids are ALL at least 10 years old).

Anyway. We feasted, we walked, we swam, made fires, ate marshmallows, listened to rednecks yelp in the night, slept under the stars, shivered, sweated, saw my sister and her kids, celebrated my fathers birthday, stayed outside 48 hours straight or some shit, cooked bacon on an open fire (also like every other kind of meat, also corn and potatoes) went hard as fuck.

If I were more descriptive I'd be a travel writer, but I'm not so we just travel. R.I.P. Richard Wright. Wanna feel like you are sleeping under the stars? Go to this page, Download this and contemplate the soul of Richard Wright.

No comments: