Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hip-Hop This Weekend in AUSTIN!

As we all sit here and wait for SXSW to finally be upon us, there's plenty to do in the meantime.

Including three hip-hop shows Friday night (that I know of at least), and the Grand Opening of the NICE KICKS store on the Drag Saturday.



If ya don't know, Nice Kicks is a website devoted to the Sneaker Head lifestyle. And it's based right here in Austin. My man Matt is opening a physical store, at 2815 Guadalupe St. And Bun B and DJ Clark Kent will be in the place for this momentous opening! Legends! Word is another legend, Dante Ross will be in the house as well. Are you ready for this???

I'm not even a sneaker head and I'm excited for it. I buy "kicks" once every two years I think, so if anyone wants to help me step my game up (Like the man Dante did quite recently on the Pro Keds tip) I'M WITH IT.

And it's safe bet some of these cats will be passing through as well...

Friday night there's a special Cool Kids show at The Mohawk. It's the Huston-Tillotson Homecoming party, but a limited number of tickets are available HERE.

No flyer for that one, but same night we have P.O.S., Dessa and Astronautilus around the corner at Red 7. Bring your Cool Kids ticket stub for discount admission to this show!


POS has become one of my favorite rappers in the past year or so. That last album was insane.

And then of course, AMPLIVE will be DJing at the Beauty Bar after the Zion I performance at Stubb's. They are opening up for Rebelution at Stubb's and then Amp gone go wreck the decks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

POS!!! Noooo! I missed it! And they weren't at SXSW this year >:/