Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Free Press Summer Fest Is This Weekend HOUSTON

Before I say ANYTHING else about this, I have to say BIG UPS to the Free Press Houston for creating this festival. They have seriously revolutionized Houston. Real talk. I went last year and honestly I could not believe what I experienced. They done took Houston event doing to a whole nother level of the damn game. I am almost shocked and in disbelief that this thing even happens. It's really amazing. The line up is seriously no joke.



Unfortunately this year I won't be able to go, and it pains me to say that. It also pains me to be semi-covered with poison ivy sores. There is no way I can go out and stand in the sun all day (drinking and being irresponsible as hell). I'll sweat my balls off, this shit will spread, and I'll face another month of this shit. So I gotta tap out on this one.

But you don't. AUSTIN think about how often people from Houston come out here to party. This is YOUR weekend to go EXPERIENCE HOUSTON. I hate when I hear people hate on Houston, when in reality its a dynamic and diverse city full of culture. It definitely does not get the rep that it deserves, and the Free Press folks are working to fix that. I wish I could go there and thank them in person.



Anyway peep out the line up and make the decision to go out there. You can http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifwalk to the fest from pretty much any, if not all the downtown hotels. You can stay super cheap out there if you go on Hotwire and book something on the Northside, the Northwest Side, or in the Medical Center. Tickets for the fest are affordable and Houston is a great, cheap place to go eat and kick it. I highly recommend this fest and wish I could join you...

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ENTIRE SCHEDULE.