Friday, May 18, 2012

Austin Red Bull Thre3style Competitors Ready To Take It National!

OMG OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGG Its really goin' down tomorrow night at the Beauty Ballroom (8:30 p.m., 2015 Riverside Dr., 18+). The Red Bull Thre3style Austin Qualifier is finally here. Eight of our finest DJs will lay it all on the line tomorrow night in hopes of reaching the Thre3style National Finals later this year. Austin already has PHRANCHYZE in the Emsee Battle, set to happen May 29th in Atlanta, so its only right that one of our DJs make it to the end of the road with Thre3style.

RSVP at Do512 NOW to get in FREE (offer ends Friday end of day)

or

Txt ATX3STYLE to 72855 and it's all good.

DJ Klever headlines, Big Once opens the night! CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL RED BULL THRE3STYLE SITE AND MORE INFO!


We here at AustinSurreal are obviously pretty psyched about it, so we wrangled all 8 of the participating DJ's to give you a look at what you can expect this Saturday night. But don't get too confident, Thre3style is all about the element of surprise. Weaving multiple styles into one coherent, party rocking set.

ABE THE ASSASSIN * DJQD * DJ ORION * DJ CHORIZO FUNK * KID SLYCE * DJ PROTEGE * DJ MIKE SWING * BIRD PETERSON

Fellas, are you ready?
Click through to learn more about what these dudes bring to the table.

We asked all 8 DJs the same questions. Here's what they had to say and some links to hear more!

1. DJ Name
2. Styles you represent/will play during Red Bull Thre3style
3. What clubs do you play?
4. Do you make/release your own music? If so gimme some examples.
5. Why are YOU going to win the Red Bull Thre3style Austin Qualifier on Saturday?

Bird Peterson


1. Bird Peterson
2. Literally one of everything
3. Dirty Bills, Emos, Beauty Ballroom, Belmont, Barcelona
4. Yes! Sooooooooo much! soundcloud.com/bird-peterson
5. I will beat the shit out of everyone's earballs on that stage.


----------

Abe The Assassin


1. Abe The Assassin "Assassino"
2. Music all over the pop spectrum.
3. Clubs Wednesdays - Last Dj Standing Battle Suite 101, Thursday Molotov, Friday Saturday Dogwood, Sunday Molotov - BBQ & Beats
4. I have a children's hip hop project with M.C. Overlord called "The Big Don Show" that is all original educational music and I love doing live remixes while I Dj.
5. My set for the Thre3style showcases the music that I play on a regular basis when I play out. I touches on all types of genres that appeal to the masses. There will be a lot of technical aspects to the set I have laid out with a great show for the crowd. Think of it as a rock concert mega mix in a 15 time frame. I want to thank all my buddies Protege, Mike Swing, Kid Slyce, Orion, Chorizo Funk, DQ, and Bird Peterson for the challenge and especially RedBull ATX for letting us showcase our talent and represent for our unique city. Abe!

----------

DJ Orion


1. Dj Orion
2. Latin, Future Club, Crunk
3. Volstead, Scoot Inn
4. Yes I play and produce my own music
5. Not sure if i'll win, i'm just gonna do what I always do, mix between genres and have fun.


----------

DJ Protege


1. Dj Protege
2. I don't want to give to much away about my set but I am paying homage to Texas and the music grew up with / live with.
3. As of right I am a resident at The W Hotel, Rain on 4th, The Park at the Domain, Lucky Lounge & Roofftop San Marcos. Depending on the night I play Funk & Soul to Dubstep, Hip Hop, House, Pop & Indie Rock / Alternative. At each Venue I play different styles of music depending on the what is asked of me.
4. I been producing & remixing almost as long as I been djing 17 year. Currently I have 23 releases 21 of them being remix EPs.
5. I can't say I will win but I know I will be one if not the strongest competitor to bet. Most importantly I'm happy a Austin dj will be in the National competition.

----------

DJ Chorizo Funk


1. Chorizo Funk
2. Hip Hop, Soul, Funk, and Afro-Latin are the foundation....Timeless music always.
3. I hold down a monthly party called Body Rock (http://www.facebook.com/bodyrockatx) with the fam Riders Against the Storm in addition to numerous events and guest spots at events in Austin. Check http://www.facebook.com/djchorizofunk for the latest.
4. I have numerous mixes available for download at my soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/chorizofunk. I have a series called Chorizo Chunks, where I post a live mix from my sets at parties and events. The Chorizo Chunks series is a good introduction to my style of djing and the music I play.
5. Because I won't play dubstep!

----------

Kid Slyce


1. Kid Slyce
2. Everything (Spanish polka, afghan hip hop, and Japanese metal)
3. Plush, dirty bills, Barcelona, beauty. Ballroom, Belmont, anywhere they give me money.
4. I make remixes.
5. I'm da best


----------

Mike Swing


1. Mike Swing
2. As many as I can within 15 minutes
3. The Park in The Domain, Hudson on Fifth, and The W Hotel Austin.
4. Not very much but its a work in progress.
5. I'm going to put together a round house set of music for that ass.

----------

DJQD


1. DJ QD.
2. Club,rock n roll,hiphop,dance,moombahton,drum n bass,dance.
3. Every other saturday nights at Jblacks feel good lounge and Beso Cantina.Every 1st Thursday at Dirty Bills Bar.
4. I do my own dj edits for my stle of hiphop.Its called POP THA TRUNK EDITS, and they come out every other month.
5. I believe i am going because of my skill and ability to play multiple genres of music and play to the crowd...although it may be because i am an awesome dood and i'm nice to everyone.ha...

----------

Who's your pick? Let us know via Twitter - #3StyleATX @redbullATX

RSVP at Do512 NOW to get in FREE (offer ends Friday end of day)

or

Txt ATX3STYLE to 72855 and it's all good.

SEE YOU THERE ATX!

No comments: