Friday, August 22, 2008

BUN B LIVE FO' FREE IN AUSTIN TONIGHT!
Photos and Run Down of Houston Show
You Can't Miss This Shit...

Holy Lord in Heaven Above.... IT WENT DOWN!

I've been waiting for these Scion dudes to go on head and get Bun B out on the road with one of them bands, and man it's been worth the wait. Well worth the wait. First of all, Orgone is hands down my favorite of the bands who play the Scion events (nothing against anyone else, but I like how Orgone rolls), and man, let me tell you this, they have mastered every track. They bring a whole new element to the classic UGK tracks and Bun B solo joints, and tonight Austin, prepare to freak the fuck out.

RSVP HERE RIGHT NOW FOR FREE ADMISSION!

That being said, the Parish is 400 capacity, if you get there after 10 p.m. I doubt you'll get in.





Anyway, Wednesday night in Houston IT WENT DOWN!


DJ Ayres kicked off the evening, killin' it.


Orgone did a short solo set and then BAM Bun B burst on the stage with Young Wee and killed it for close to an hour.


If not a full hour, I don't know.


They did everything from "One Day," to the hits like "Big Pimpin'" and "Draped Up." Man I'm telling you, this is the truth. The way to really do it.


As we've known from the dawn of time and such.






The show was seriously magical. The studio side of Warehouse Live was packed to capacity, making it an intimate show with extreme positive energy. Just flowing all through that spot.


And I've been to all the Scion shows. They're always good. Always good to see these rappers step out the box and rock with these killer musicians.


This one was special though. I might not say it was better than the Big Daddy Kane event a couple years back on the same stage, but it was way up there, and pretty much the best show I've seen in that capacity, otherwise.


I mean I'm biased, but whatever.


Cory Mo!

Send me a copy...


Went down...


Super DJ Gracie Chavez


Bun's Son and crew outside the event!


DJ Ayres and Mark Lowyns chillin' on down.


Catch these dudes at a Kebab Haus near you - October 2008.

SEE YOU TONIGHT AUSTIN! GET THERE EARLY!

No comments: