Sunday, May 11, 2008

ARABIC RAP IS THE NEW JUMP OFF!

MAYNE IT WENT DOWN! We also just moved into our Austin house, and are in the process of moving in and such, so I can't write now. Must sort things and sit in my new garage and wonder why I have so many cdrs with one rap song on them and somehow they followed me, they wouldn't just stay behind, or leave, or throw themselves out, no they ended up in boxes in my garage, along with every magazine I have read in the past ten years, also not sure why they made it. Also records. And VHS tapes. And such.

So yeah, full review forthcoming but suffice it to say, ARABIC RAP IS THE NEW JUMP OFF! At least the way Dam and Mohammad Al Farra do it. Word to them.


You don't understand the realness of the situation at hand.


Dred Skott are very important. Austin, get ready for the revolution.


Like I said, I PROMISE to write more.




Southbound is also the TRUTH! Very important to the Austin landscape and such.








Mohammad Al Farra live in Austin!


Joined on stage by Tamer of DAM to do a song about "Smoking Hookah." Which I am all in favor of.




Me doing the host thang thang. Photo courtesy of D tha Sandman


These boys WRECK!




Flows for days. You don't have to understand it, but you gotta respect it.






DJ RHYME!




Also courtesy of D tha Sandman. BUSTED!


Melissa and Richard Henry




D and James Dean


DRED SKOTT!


DRED SKOTT!


Rapid Ric wreckin'...


Richard Henry Drinking


Southbound and Dred Skott are the future.

On to Houston


Savvi of HISD hath crafted something wonderful in this HISD thang thang.




Equality is one of the best MC's in Houston. And I don't even know if he'd call himself an MC. He's the poet laureate of the whole region. Keep your eyes and ears opened and such. Mind too. All that.






BOY WRECKIN'!




I should have taken more pics of the ladies in the place at both events. But I was working and such. But Dam attracts an attractive crowd. There is no doubt about that shit right thurr real talk know'm sayin'.




WRECKIN'!


Trish aka Crooked Cricket done went and got the HD Footage. IMPORTANT!


BOYS KILLED IT TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW!


You really need to see these dudes.


Especially if you are a rapper. They can teach you a thing or two about flows, showmanship, respect, many things.


Me and my cousin Kassandra




Tish getting footage too! SEND ME PLEASE!


Monique and Friends




Hadeeel was the brains behind this entire operation! THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BE A PART OF THIS HADEEL!


KB DA KIDNAPPA THE LEGEND PLUS THE PALESTINIAN LEGENDS! OMG OMG OMG!


I get real geeked out. Excuse me. But here's Jackie Salloum and Hadeel. Jackie made the film Slingshot Hip Hop which is also EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!










Wrecked.


The end of the night dance and such. Also very important.




IMPORTANT PEOPLE!

Serious I will write more later, must prepare house. IT'S GOIN' DOWN! Thanks to all who supported and more to come.

No comments: